Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS702410
Jurien Bay District High School (DHS) is seeking to establish a pool of organised and efficient Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2022.
Suitable applicants will be required to carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, suitable applicants would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner In Charge. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed and include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, shampooing carpets and pressure cleaning various areas.
Jurien Bay is located on the pristine Turquoise Coast, 190km north of Joondalup and 200 kilometres south of Geraldton. Jurien Bay DHS is an Independent Public School. The school has modern facilities set in well maintained grounds. Three bus routes provide a service to students living in rural areas and along the Turquoise Coast.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Jurien Bay District High School please visit www.jdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Debbie Linch, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Jurien Bay, by telephoning (08) 9688 6100 or emailing Debbie.Linch@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current Line Manager; and
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and timee.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents; or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 October 2021.
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.