Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS707042
Warnbro Community High School (CHS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2022.
Suitable applicants will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal and other general cleaning.
You will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and removal of cobwebs. You will also be required to complete vacation cleaning duties including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas, and other duties as required by the Cleaner in Charge or Manager.
Warnbro CHS is seeking enthusiastic, cheerful, self-motivated cleaners able to take direction and who will adapt to our needs quickly and effectively. You should have good attention to detail and be able to work well as part of a team. You will need to assist other members of the cleaning team when required as this is important to the role, to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will ideally be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures.
Warnbro CHS is situated 50 kilometres south of Perth and service the coastal suburbs of Waikiki, Warnbro and Port Kennedy. Our vision is for students to be actively engaged in a positive, safe and supportive learning environment that allows all students to learn and achieve to their full potential. Warnbro CHS students from Year 7 to Year 12 are provided with excellent educational opportunities and are supported by dedicated teachers and support staff
Our moral purpose is to ‘make a positive difference to the lives of young people’. As staff member at Warnbro CHS the successful applicant will be part of a vibrant professional community and committed to meeting the needs of students. Driven by our School Business Plan and Fogarty EDvance strategic plan, the successful applicant will be assisting the school meet targets in a safe and healthy environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Warnbro Community High School please visit www.warnbro.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sharon Harding, HR Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9528 9400 or emailing Sharon.Harding2@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 27 October 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.