Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS687233
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021
Lake Monger Primary School (PS) is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated School Officer as an integral and valued member of the administrative team.
The successful applicant will possess strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure. As a team player within our business centre of the school providing excellent office support, you will need to demonstrate your experience in financial processes and procedures, website maintenance and development of newsletters and other publications.
You will ideally have a good knowledge of the enrolment policy and processes, as well as experience with the enrolment of students from overseas, including a thorough understanding of visa sub classes and working with TIWA. Successful applicants will need good verbal and written communication and be able to liaise with staff, students, parents and members of the wider school community. The school has a strong EALD focus with an emphasis on diversity.
Lake Monger PS is an inner city school, on the shores of Lake Monger, Wembley. It has a country school feel within a city setting. The school is fortunate in having a large site with extensive play and sports areas in addition to being located adjacent to the beautiful Lake Monger and parklands.
Lake Monger PS gained Independent Public School status in 2010. The School Vision and Ethos has been collaboratively developed. The School has a strong emphasis on values within an educational environment of curriculum excellence. Lake Monger Primary School has achieved pleasing NAPLAN results overtime. The last number of years has seen significant ICT changes to the school.
Our school has welcomed enthusiastically the opportunities provided by being an Independent Public School and enjoys providing a professional environment, enabling the school to deliver the best possible educational outcomes for all our students. 'The purpose of Lake Monger PS is to provide a safe and supportive environment in which our students can develop their knowledge, skills and confidence to achieve their individual potential and be able to contribute positively to society. We aim to develop considerate, tolerant, resilient and self-disciplined students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Lake Monger Primary School can be found by visiting lakemongerps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Cath Gribble, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9205 5400 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 17 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.