Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS688000
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.76FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Samson Primary School (PS) is looking to appoint a Cleaner in Charge with a good work ethic to join their friendly school.
The role of Cleaner in Charge leads, organises and supervises the cleaning staff and maintains their time-book, reports absences and arranges relief staff. The successful applicant will be responsible for opening and locking the school, including setting the security alarm system. Other responsibilities include undertaking cleaning of allocated internal and external areas, including emptying external rubbish containers into the waste disposal system provided at the school. You will manage and monitor staff leave entitlements to ensure leave is cleared within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with relevant awards, agreements and Departmental policy. In addition, you will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and conduct monthly inspections, as well as provide advice and support consistent with Department of Education policy and procedures.
Samson P.S. was officially opened in May 1987. It is located south of the Swan River at the eastern end of the Fremantle area. Adjacent to the Samson Recreation Centre, the school is an aesthetically inviting set of buildings, situated in beautifully kept grounds which feature grass trees, eucalypts, rose gardens and extensive grassed areas.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Samson PS please visit samsonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online or download the relevant attachment below.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sarah Fawcett, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9487 9000 or emailing Sarah.Fawcett@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
- A comprehensive CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY and TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.