Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS686732
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Westminster Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated and professional School Officer to join their Corporate Services Team
Westminster Primary School is located 12kms north of Perth. In 2021 the school amalgamated with Westminster Junior Primary School to become a K-6 school catering for approximately 370 students. Our school shares the site with Westminster Education Support Centre and a Child and Parent Centre.
The Vision of our new school is Together We – Learn, Grow, Achieve.
We are a culturally diverse school and have a strong inclusive community. The school recognises the importance of the local community and the role this plays in the educational outcomes for our students.
As part of this role you will assist the Manager Corporate Services with accounts payable and receivable, generating routine reports, Human Resource processes, support staff relief payments, HRMIS reports, and Working with Children compliance. Other responsibilities include Third Party Permissions, Integris, updating Facebook and preparing notices and correspondence. You will also support the MCS during end of year preliminary planning and complete RM Billing End of Year.
The successful applicant will have an excellent focus on team work, self-motivation, initiative, and excellence in customer service delivery and administrative support. They will have strong organisational skills, the flexibility to move between tasks and deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment. Knowledge of Department of Education databases, records management systems, financial systems, and web based and social media platforms are highly desirable. The successful applicant will have the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources within the school, with application of customer service principles and practise to maintain the expected high quality interactions with students, parents and the wider community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Westminster Primary School can be found by visiting www.westminsterps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandra Davies, Manager Corporate Service by telephoning (08) 9413 5050 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 22 June 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.