Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS679267
Please note as of 3.00pm Monday 14 June 2021 the application instructions have changed.
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021
Tuart Rise Primary School (PS) is seeking an experienced, dedicated, self-motivated and reliable individual to join their team in the role of Gardener - Handyperson for our diverse school grounds.
There is a possibility that this position will increase up to 0.8FTE in the future.
As the Gardener - Handyperson, you will be responsible for presenting our school grounds in a clean, attractive and tidy condition.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the maintenance of our school grounds and complete minor repairs and maintenance jobs in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines. We are seeking an individual who is hardworking, enthusiastic, energetic, has a passion for gardening, is able to follow instructions and work collaboratively and independently when needed. Ideally, the successful applicant has good communication and interpersonal skills and works well with others.
Tuart Rise PS is an Independent Public School located in Baldivis. It is a modern, state of the art facility which opened in 2015 for students in Kindergarten to Year 6. We are staffed by a community of professionals.
We value and respect the diversity of skills and knowledge we each bring to the school. We challenge and support each other to be effective educators and impact positively on the lives of all students within our school.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Tuart Rise PS please visit tuartriseps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sue Greenaway, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9523 0071 or emailing Sue.Greenaway@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- In no more than one (2) pages, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.