Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS680016
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Beeliar Primary School (PS) are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer to join their friendly school
The successful applicant will be required to provide assistance to the Manager Corporates Services in administering the financial resources for the school including undertaking account management, invoice processing and end of month and financial year procedures. The applicant will also assist with various Marketing, Facebook updates, Human Resources and Information Technology (IT) duties. It is highly desirable for applicants to have prior experience using a Human Resource Information System program; and Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel with knowledge of Integris, RM Billing and RM Finance.
We are seeking an individual who is solutions focussed and positive. It is highly desirable that the successful applicant is able to work well within a team, as well as autonomously. We are seeking someone who is flexible and able to adapt to change. At Beeliar PS we have a strong school culture, and we are looking for an applicant who can build and maintain strong relationships.
Beeliar PS is a public school that offers primary education to over four hundred and thirty students from Kindergarten to Year 6. We are a dynamic and enterprising Independent Public School. The school has a strong culture and strives to empower all students to reach their potential. Our vision is to empower students to strive for their academic goals, to stand tall in the face of life’s challenges and to successfully contribute to society. We have a very strong focus on values and virtues at Beeliar PS. Our school motto is 'Stand Tall' and our golden rule is to treat everyone how you would like to be treated.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beeliar Primary School can be found by visiting www.beeliarps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jada Shields, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6174 1400 or emailing Jada.Shields@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.