Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS689038
Mount Tarcoola Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022
As a Cleaner, you would carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, removal of cobwebs and other general external cleaning duties as per JDF.
Suitable applicants will ideally display initiative, good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills. You will ideally be motivated, and possess the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently. Previous experience along with knowledge of safety requirements and procedures will be highly regarded
Mount Tarcoola PS is located in a quiet suburb about 5km from the central business district of Geraldton. The school was established in 1978.
The school has a proactive Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) team that implements strategies to improve social, emotional, behavioural and academic outcomes for students. A major focus of the school has been improving literacy levels and promoting cultural awareness, harmony and participation of the various cultural groups in the school. The school actively promotes and encourages parent participation and involvement in the life of the school. The Parents and Citizens’ Association provides outstanding support and a highly active Pre-School Committee works closely with the early childhood classes at the school. Many parents and extended family members join the school on numerous occasions throughout the year such as Open Day and the End of Year Awards Presentation.
A feature of the school is its attractive grounds and quiet location. Mount Tarcoola PS has a reputation as being a warm, friendly, welcoming school where manners, behaviour and dress standards are regarded as important.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Mount Tarcoola Primary School please visit www.mttarcoola.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Stephanie English, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Geraldton, by telephoning (08) 9968 1100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 21 June, 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.