Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH688177
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021
Are you a positive and talented teacher who strives to enhance their student’s educational outcomes?
Cape Naturaliste College is seeking an enthusiastic engaging and highly competent teacher to join our Mathematics team.
The successful applicant will have a passion for secondary education and the desire to impart their skills and knowledge as a member of our college. You will need to be self-motivated, prepared to enthusiastically embrace new opportunities and work proactively within our community. Graduate Teachers are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant should also have an excellent capacity to communicate clearly and concisely with staff, students and the community and be able to articulate a clear vision that complements and supports the College’s excellent culture in teaching and learning. You will ideally have demonstrated successes when teaching students, as well as the capacity to evaluate and improve your own performance through careful reflection. Knowledge of the curriculum area, ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to be a part of a strong and supportive pastoral care system that runs through the College is highly valued.
The College is located in the States’ Southwest and is an Independent Public School with an outstanding reputation for both academic progress and pastoral care. The College is committed to providing the best possible educational opportunities for students throughout their school life. The College offers a warm, welcoming and modern environment for students and parents alike, but it is the unique teaching culture that supports and challenges teachers to meet the needs of the students using innovative and wide ranging approaches to teaching and learning that underpins our college.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Cape Naturaliste College please visit www.cnc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Liza Yull, Business Support Officer, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Vasse, by telephoning (08) 9746 3500 or emailing Liza.Yull@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 21 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.