Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS688709
Applecross Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of hardworking and organised Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
Suitable applicants will be carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning.
In addition to this, suitable applicants would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed and it includes shampooing carpets and pressure cleaning various areas.
In this role you will have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
Applecross SHS is situated 8km south of the city of Perth, embraces a tradition of excellence and continues a reputation for high academic, vocational, sporting and cultural achievements for secondary students in Years 7 to 12. The school offers programs in Vocational Education and Training Visual Arts (Gifted and Talented) and elite Tennis (Specialist Program) plus Academic Extension programs. The Academic Extension Program provides special classes for students who have been selected on the basis of their performance. Students in the Program are offered a wide range of rich learning experiences and are required to complete more in-depth studies to develop high level skills and competencies to become independent learners.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Applecross Senior High School please visit www.applecross.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Rachael Ainge, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9314 9306 or emailing Rachael.Ainge@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 24 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.