Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS688656
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021
Paraburdoo Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and reliable Cleaner in Charge (CIC) to lead their team of cleaners.
The CIC is responsible for the management of cleaning staff, including relief staff, purchasing, stocktake of cleaning resources, maintenance of cleaning equipment and undertake cleaning of allocated internal and external areas. You will have pride in your work as a member of the team, keeping our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to enjoy.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise our cleaning team and lock the school at the end of the day, including setting the security alarm system. They will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book.
As a team leader the successful applicant will have good communication and interpersonal skills and be a conscientious, reliable worker, having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment.
Paraburdoo PS caters for approximately 200 to 250 students from Kindergarten to Year 6 in the Ashburton Shire of the Pilbara. It is the only school in town with enrolments fluctuating depending on the strength of the mining industry.
The school facilities include an early childhood facility, a library, art room, performing arts room, computer laboratory, two sensory rooms, nurse's quarters, covered assembly area and hard courts. The school has a modern, integrated information technology infrastructure with a wireless network, ensuring we take optimal advantage of learning opportunities. Each classroom is fitted with an interactive whiteboard which is used as a teaching and learning tool. Laptops and iPads are also available for students to use at school.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Paraburdoo PS please visit paraburdooprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Tracy Jacobs, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Paraburdoo, by telephoning (08) 95125 4000 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria (2 and 4) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 25 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED