Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP688803
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Kalbarri District High School (DHS) is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Primary Deputy Principal to join our friendly and supportive team.
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, the successful applicant will provide educational leadership to the school and the community. The Deputy Principal will assist to develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities, and encouraging staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals.
The Deputy Principal will ideally be a highly motivated and innovative individual with extensive early childhood curriculum knowledge. The successful applicant will also have a focus on explicit instruction and whole school approaches using evidence based pedagogy. The successful applicant will ideally have outstanding communication and organisational skills; resilience and the proven ability to lead staff to effectively implement the Western Australian Curriculum. Experience in coordinating and initiating strategies for supporting students at educational risk (SAER) will also be highly valued for this position.
The Deputy Principal will work with other members of the leadership team, to develop and lead a professional learning community that maximises student outcomes. This will involve supporting staff via coaching and mentoring to develop robust plan-teach-assess cycles based on the analysis of student performance data and encompassing intentional differentiation. It would be desirable that applicants be confident analysing data from SAIS, SARS and RTP and have the ability to use school data to inform evidence based planning and implementation.
Kalbarri DHS is located in the coastal town of Kalbarri, 600kms north of Perth. Kalbarri is surrounded by National Park which gives us a unique opportunity to utilise our natural environment in our curriculum. The school nurtures children in Kindergarten through to young adults in Year 12.
Kalbarri has a stable, experienced, high quality staff, who provide a safe and caring class environment for your children whilst presenting a comprehensive and challenging curriculum. Your children have access to computers and iPads enabling them to develop independent learning, research, presentation and coding skills.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs); and
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalbarri District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Michael Ostaszewskyj, Principal by telephoning (08) 9936 4800 or emailing Michael.Ostaszewskyj@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 22 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.