Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH687268
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Byford Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and proactive English teacher to join our team. We are seeking likeminded staff who have a passion for secondary education and the desire to impart their skills and knowledge across our college.
The successful applicant will possess a sound understanding of the West Australian (WA) English Curriculum and Senior School English courses. Specific skills and experience in teaching Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) English courses is highly desirable
The ability to differentiate curriculum and implement innovative approaches to improve outcomes for both high and low achieving students is a key element to this position. You will build positive relationships with your students and be passionate about creating positive futures for students, be performance driven and utilise evidence based decision making skills.
Byford SC is an Independent Public School located approximately 30 kilometres from the Perth CBD. Our College provides for the secondary education needs of students from Byford and the surrounding communities. Byford SC also became a focal point for secondary education provision for students with disabilities when, in 2017, our inclusion facilities were opened.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Rosana Stout, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9526 7700 or emailing Rosana.Stout@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 2 July 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.