Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH688419
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Are you a positive and talented teacher who strives to enhance their student’s educational outcomes?
Australind Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an enthusiastic engaging and highly competent teacher to join our Mathematics team. The position requires a teacher who will use excellent interpersonal skills to foster positive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders including students, staff and community members.
The successful applicant will ideally have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the Year 7 – 12 West Australian Curriculum. Within the classroom they will be able to teach the Mathematics Applications course as well as successfully differentiate the curriculum, to support numeracy, in Vocational pathways. They will also be able to provide engaging and programs of work for years 8 - 10 students to support their progress in Mathematics. In this role you will be self-reflective and promote a positive classroom environment encouraging students to progress to their potential.
Australind SHS is an Independent Public School that is committed to hand selecting the very best teachers who are the right fit for our school and community. Our school have a strong commitment to continuous improvement in teaching and learning and it is therefore, important that applicants engage purposefully in this area. The successful applicant will possess a strong commitment to the development of their own pedagogy via targeted professional learning, collaboration with colleagues, membership of a professional learning team, use of student feedback surveys and formative assessments.
At Australind SHS, the care we offer each and every student defines our purpose. We have a rigorous student services program which has been set up to ensure all our students are well cared for socially, emotionally, physically and academically.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Australind Senior High School can be found by visiting www.australind.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Adam Blackmore, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Australind, by telephoning (08) 9797 4400 or emailing Adam.Blackmore@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 24 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.