Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP688614
This is a three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible twelve (12) month extension and/or permanency
Kambalda West District High School (DHS) is seeking two (2) dedicated professionals for the position of Deputy Principal K – 11.
As part of the senior leadership team, the Deputy Principals' will provide educational leadership to the school and community. The Deputy Principals' will assist to develop and promote the school values, vision and priorities by encouraging school staff, volunteers, community and others to share ownership of the direction of the school.
The successful applicants will ideally be dynamic, organised and committed with a passion for improving curriculum outcomes. Understanding of leadership within a district high school context is highly desirable for the roles, as is an understanding of the School Business and Strategic Plans. Building community partnerships and representing the school within the community on a regular basis, utilising strong communication and interpersonal skills is a large component of this role.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to make contact for further explanation of the two roles and context of the school.
Our school has a strong pastoral care focus enhancing the delivery of curriculum through the provision of rich authentic classroom learning experiences as the student population changes. The successful applicants will provide support to graduate and inexperienced teachers. Student engagement and curriculum must be in line with trauma based strategies so all students can access learning, solve problems and work collaboratively in a learning context where all members of the school community are respected and valued.
The successful applicants will have a significant role in the daily management of staff and students. Using your professional knowledge and understandings you will ideally promote the use of the WA Curriculum and DOE priorities within the school. Use of effective change management strategies to assist the school to further develop opportunities for improved student outcomes are highly regarded.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs); and
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kambalda West District High School can be found by visiting www.kambaldawestdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online .
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Candice Brown, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9027 2950 or emailing Candice.Brown@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) to three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.