Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS687561
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Yokine Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their professional and friendly team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal and other items of general cleaning. In addition to the above, you will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning as required by the Cleaner in Charge or the Manager Corporate Services.
Having a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices to ensure the facilities are kept to the highest standard of cleanliness and safety will be highly desirable.
Yokine PS is an Independent Public School located 5km north of the Perth CBD. There is a strong sense of community and tradition, focusing on supporting students’ needs academically, socially and emotionally. Our school is inclusive and embraces its rich multicultural identity. With over 40 different cultural backgrounds and almost 50% of students with language backgrounds other than English, Yokine Primary celebrates and benefits from this significant diversity. Children’s individual differences are provided for through an inclusive and personalised approach to education, and a commitment to engaging with families and the wider community.
The school endeavours to create a positive environment where all students, staff and community members feel a sense of belonging. The school works collaboratively to provide opportunities for all to reach their full potential.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Yokine Primary School please visit www.yokineps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sandy Couper, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9216 3350 or emailing Sandy.Couper@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address Selection Criteria 1 and 2 by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 23 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.