Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH688673
Atwell College is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and enthusiastic Teacher – Education Support for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
We are seeking individuals who can inspire students, strive for excellence and are proactive in improving student outcomes. Suitable applicants will also be highly proficient in motivating and maximising the engagement of students, promoting an environment of inclusivity with active and positive learning that enables all students to achieve their highest potential.
You will be expected to reflect and assess the effectiveness of your teaching practice using a range of data, along with classroom observations to create an environment that is supportive to learning and provides educational opportunities that cater for different student learning needs.
Suitable applicants will also be highly proficient in motivating and maximising the engagement of students, promoting an environment of active and positive learning that enables all students to achieve their highest potential. With highly effective interpersonal skills, suitable applicants will work closely with students, colleagues and the community to achieve the best educational outcomes for students. Those with knowledge and experience working with students with moderate and complex high needs are encouraged to apply.
Atwell College is committed to prioritising the development of a positive working environment to ensure student success. Teaching staff use Classroom Management Strategies (CMS) and evidence based lesson design to create a high quality learning environment. The ability to work collaboratively and proactively in our team and ensuring differentiation for students with differing abilities is crucial.
Atwell College was established in 2008 and caters for students in Years 7-12. It is an Independent Public School. The College campus is a contemporary, inclusive site with state-of-the-art buildings and modern specialist facilities. Education Support Programs and facilities enable the full-spectrum of opportunities for students with disabilities. Atwell College is a vibrant community where lasting and collaborative partnerships are being developed.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Atwell College can be found by visiting www.atwellcollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Ashley Miragliotta, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 6174 2200 or emailing Ashley.Miragliotta@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 22 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.