Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH688248
Suitable applicants from pool process IPS/TCH652671 need not apply
Shenton College is seeking to establish a pool of Teacher - Science for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2022.
Suitable applicants will be expert, passionate teachers of Science, with demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning. You will be able to demonstrate the professional knowledge, understanding and experience to deliver an engaging and relevant secondary Science curriculum from the early and middle adolescent phases of learning through to senior secondary courses.
Shenton College staff are committed to personal and professional growth and embrace opportunities to create environments conducive to learning that are fun, purposeful, relevant and cater for differing student learning needs. We focus on delivering an educational experience that's about much more than marks - we are committed to help each and every student develop their dreams and achieve their goals. We strive to ignite curiosity and foster a lifelong love of learning. The College has a proud history of comprehensive participation in co-curricular competitions and enrichment.
Located in Perth's western suburbs, the College has a well-earned reputation for excellence: whether it is the entrenched professional culture that embraces innovation and growth to the consistent success of our students at local, national, and international levels. The College’s nationally awarded selective GATE selective academic program has broad community recognition and consistently attracts the highest calibre students from across the state. The Shenton College campus has outstanding facilities supported by an experienced and highly regarded administrative team – you will feel supported at every level of your professional life.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shenton College can be found by visiting shenton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service.
For further job related information:
Please contact Christopher Hill by telephoning 0421 024 258 or emailing Chris.Hill@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 16 July 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.