Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS688205
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills?
Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School (CHS) is seeking to appoint a committed and dedicated School Officer to join their friendly team.
The School Officer undertakes general reception and administrative duties with strong organisational skills in delivering and prioritising tasks when under pressure. As a team player, you will ideally possess good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills expressing information and ideas clearly. To be successful in this role, you will have experience providing effective customer service and the ability to use a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
Kalgoorlie-Boulder CHS was opened in 2006 and proudly provides a full range of lower secondary courses to students in years 7 to 10 and meets the needs of all students in the community. The school caters for students from a diverse range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds. Located 600km's east of Perth, this thriving mining centre caters for more than 900 students from Years 7 to 10. The school is committed to working collaboratively with the community to create an inclusive and innovative environment that motivates and engages students. Being a major regional centre, the city provides comprehensive facilities, services and infrastructure making it a comfortable location in which to live and work. The city is proud of its history and heritage which caters for a significant number of tourists.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalgoorlie Boulder Community High School can be found by visiting kalgoorlie-boulderchs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Melissa Wood, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity by telephoning (08) 9092 0300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 22 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.