Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS686998
College Row School are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022
The suitable applicants will organise and supervise the cleaning staff, open and lock the school, including setting the security alarm, and, maintain cleaners time-book, report absences and arrange relief staff. They will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters and provide on the job induction training for new cleaning staff. They will conduct monthly cleaning inspections with the Manager Corporate Services and record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communications book. They will maintain the school environment, including the hydrotherapy pool building, in accordance with Department procedures, and undertaking cleaning of allocated internal and external areas, including emptying external rubbish containers into the waste disposal system provided at the school.
We are a special needs school located in Bunbury and catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 12 with severe and complex needs. Our students are supported to try new things, be autonomous in their communication, contribute positively to the lives of others and develop positive relationships.
Our school expectations are 'I Can Do', 'I Can Say', I Can Help' and 'I Can Belong'. Our ethos is to promote and protect our students' right to respect and a valued place in their community.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about College Row School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Liz Asher, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in [location], by telephoning (08) 9721 3125 or emailing Liz.Asher@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than two (2) page. Please address selection criteria (1 and 3) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- good interpersonal and communication skills’ and
- experience in school or commercial cleaning’,
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception addressed; Confidential, Liz Asher, Manager Corporate Services, College Row School, 2 College Row, Bunbury WA 6230 before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 22 June 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED