Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/TCH689058
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Jerramungup District High School (DHS) is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Teacher – Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS).
The successful applicant will ideally be able to demonstrate positive outcomes using innovative teaching and learning strategies, incorporating relevant information technology to engage students. They will also ideally have a high level of community engagement and understand how to build positive relationships with students, staff, families, the wider community, and external agencies.
The successful applicant will ideally be able to demonstrate strong behaviour management and organisational skills that lead to a supportive and safe learning environment. The Teacher – HASS should be energetic, enthusiastic, and display a wide repertoire of teaching strategies that embrace the differentiation of the Western Australian Curriculum. Team oriented professionals and Graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
With the school motto 'Strive to Achieve', students achieve high standards of academic and social achievement through participation and engagement in the school's inclusive, safe, and stimulating learning environments. Our school vision encompasses all of this with the following statements:
Together we strive to inspire life-long learning.
Together we will strive to:
- Be engaged in meaningful learning
- Be respectful towards ourselves, others and our unique environment
- Be resilient to cope with changes and challenges, and
- Be responsible community members.
The staff at Jerramungup DHS are a friendly and collaborative team who provide a positive and supportive environment for students, staff, and the community. Jerramungup DHS is located in the wheat and sheep farming community of Jerramungup, 440km south-east of Perth. It is situated within the Fitzgerald Biosphere which is part of the acclaimed Fitzgerald National Park, located nearby to the east of Jerramungup.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Jerramungup District High School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Appointed applicants may be eligible for recognition of prior service
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Haidee Robb, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Jerramungup, by telephoning (08) 9835 1233 or emailing Haidee.Robb@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 23 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.