Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS686857
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021
Bateman Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and reliable Cleaner In Charge (CIC) to lead their team of cleaners.
The CIC is responsible for the management of cleaning staff, including relief staff, purchasing, stocktake of cleaning resources, and maintenance of cleaning equipment, and undertake cleaning of allocated internal and external areas. You will have pride in your work as a member of the team keeping our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to enjoy.
As a team leader, the successful applicant will ideally have good communication and interpersonal skills and be a conscientious, reliable worker, having knowledge of the cleaning processes and cleaning equipment. As CIC you will ensure the cleaning team maintains a high level of cleaning throughout the school.
Bateman PS, an Independent Public School situated 14km south of Perth City, caters for approximately 380 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. The school features very modern early childhood buildings as well as a new music room and science lab and we have just refurbished our library to stimulate young readers. All classrooms are equipped with interactive white boards and computers and we utilise tablet technology to enhance the learning opportunities for our children. All rooms are fully air conditioned, adding to the pleasurable learning environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Bateman Primary School please visit www.batemanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
Please contact Jennifer Fewster, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6258 6900 or emailing Jennifer.Fewster@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current/previous Line Manager.
- A cover letter of no more than three (3) page. Please address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria below:
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
- the ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- the ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception at 2 Bartling Crescent, Bateman WA 6150, before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 23 June 2021
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED