Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS687708
Subiaco Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Gardener – Handyperson for appointments to permanent, fixed term and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
The suitable applicant will maintain and present the school ground, gardeners and sporting areas in a clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. You will maintain tools and horticultural equipment in a serviceable condition and perform minor repairs and maintenance in accordance with the department’s policies and guidelines. You will also be expected to monitor and maintain the reticulation systems and the formal and informal sports grounds.
Our school delivers a unique and stimulating educational environment, where your child is valued, nurtured and encouraged to reach their full potential.
We have a strong sense of community, a commitment to our motto Our Best and an undertaking to provide an education that addresses the academic, social, physical and emotional development of each and every child.
Our staff work together with parents and the community to reach common goals for our students. These include developing responsible and resilient learners, promoting leadership across all levels of staff and students, focusing on continuous improvement and celebrating our diversity.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Subiaco Primary School please visit subiacops.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Diane Green, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9207 7900 or emailing Diane.Green@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please address selection criteria (2, 3 and 4) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each criteria.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 22 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED