Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS684941
This is a permanent part-time (0.25FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021
Meekatharra School of the Air (MSOTA) is seeking a dedicated and committed individual to join their team in the role of Cleaner – Working Alone.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition to this, they will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning duties as required. COVID 19 cleaning procedures will need to be adhered to.
Applicants with knowledge of thorough cleaning procedures for all work areas, correct chemical handling and storage, understanding of COVID 19 procedures, and who are friendly and welcoming with parents and students are encouraged to apply.
MSOTA is based in Geraldton. It is a distance education school with a thriving school community. MSOTA's values are Resilience, Determination, Compassion, Accountability and Persistence. These values expected to be demonstrated by our teaching, support, office staff, and all students.
In 1959 MSOTA was established with one teacher, who was Teacher in Charge, but under the direct control of The WA Correspondence School in Perth. The enrolment was 27 pupils. In 1979, twenty years after its inception and twenty years after it was first suggested at a Parents and Citizens meeting, Meekatharra School of the Air became an autonomous school with its own principal.
The original school site was on the grounds of The Royal Flying Doctor Service where it remained until 1975 when it moved to a site adjacent to Meekatharra District High School. In 1995 the existing school building was enlarged and upgraded. After a fire destroyed the building in 2007, the school was relocated to 3 demountable buildings on the Beachlands Primary School site and in 2011, staff moved into a brand new, purpose built building in Kempton Street in Bluff Point.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Meekatharra School Of The Air please visit meekatharrasota.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Christine Bevans, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bluff Point, by telephoning (08) 9923 5200 or emailing Christine.Bevans@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
To submit your application:
Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 22 June, 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.