Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP686650
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension (12 months)
Baldivis Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint a high calibre Deputy Principal to join their Leadership Team.
The successful applicant will be committed to achieving the best educational outcomes for our students. They will work as part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make an important contribution to our College community. Strong curriculum leadership and the ability to motivate staff to deliver quality teaching and ensure high student achievement, in line with our Business Plan priorities, is highly desirable. Applicants with strongly developed analytical and interpersonal skills, a strong curriculum background and the ability to build and foster teams are encouraged to apply.
A significant aspect of this role is the ability to analyse data, strategically plan intervention and improvement strategies that will lead directly to successful student outcomes in a range of pathways for all students. As a high performing leader you will work collaboratively with staff at the College to ensure system and school processes are completed in a timely and effective manner. Ensuring the smooth operation of the school is another important aspect of this role. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate that they can operate effectively within a focussed and distributive leadership team environment and have versatility to take on areas under any of the Deputy Principals portfolios.
The successful applicant will provide direction for staff and model and promote a culture of improvement of professional performance.
We use the AVID instructional system as the catalyst for developing a school culture that closes the expectation and opportunity gaps many students face, ensures that all students achieve personal success in their learning and prepares all students for success in a global society. All staff are expected to embrace AVID as part of their instructional practice.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baldivis Secondary College can be found by visiting www.baldivissc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Alison Parolo Principal, by telephoning (08) 9523 3600 or emailing Alison.Parolo@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 21 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.