Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS681113
Do you want to provide a helping hand in supporting students with diverse learning needs?
Piara Waters Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of student focused and dedicated Education Assistants – Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be required to assist in the delivery of planned education programs that will help in the development of students. In this role you will need to collaborate effectively with all school staff and possess good written and oral communication skills. You will be focused on assisting the education process to ensure the highest education outcomes for students. You will have the skills to effectively implement individual and small group programs, as well as possess the ability to support general health and well-being of students.
Suitable applicants will be organised and be able to use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. Applicants will be working in a team environment assisting the teacher in delivering planned education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. In addition, you will, under limited supervision and guidance, perform tasks that require discretion, judgement and initiative in achieving clearly defined outcomes determined by the teacher. Suitable applicants will work with students across Kindergarten to Year 6.
Piara Waters PS opened in February 2012 catering for students in Kindergarten to Year 6 and is located in the suburb of Piara Waters (South Metropolitan Education Region).
Our school motto of Learn, Grow and Thrive is just as relevant for our staff as it is our students. We welcome staff to our team with a positive attitude and a desire to keep improving our school and our outcomes and opportunities for students.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Piara Waters Primary School can be found by visiting piarawatersps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Alison Ramm, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9397 4300 or emailing Alison.Ramm@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 21 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.