Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA688255
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Yanchep Secondary College (SC) is seeking a dedicated and friendly Program Coordinator – Student Services to join their hardworking team.
In this role you will assist the senior leadership team to strategically meet the learning needs of all students in Years 7 to 9, including students with disabilities.
To be successful you will be committed to making a difference in the lives of young people by promoting student wellbeing and self-efficacy. This includes the commitment and desire to create and sustain a safe, student centred learning environment.
The successful applicant will possess abilities in strategic planning and instructional leadership to facilitate improved teacher practice. We are seeking someone who is an expert in leading change in Teaching and Learning in a Senior High School environment. You will model a culture of self-reflection and improvement, providing coaching and mentoring as you promote professional growth and leadership capabilities in others.
You will possess excellent communication and public relation skills that allow you to build and maintain collaborative and respectful partnerships across the school and the wider community.
You will also possess exceptional interpersonal, organisational and instructional skills as you lead the college through its school improvement agenda. We value creative thinking that leads to better solutions and outcomes for our students.
Yanchep SC is committed to provide young people with a high quality, comprehensive education that allows our students and teachers to reach their potential. We have programs for students from Year 7 to 12. Our school has specialist teachers, a challenging curriculum that inspires excellence, and many options and pathways for students to succeed, including university, further training or employment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yanchep Secondary College can be found by visiting www.yanchepsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Julie Clarke, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9562 8000 or emailing Julie.Clarke@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 22 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.