Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS677205
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
Hopetoun Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking school officer to join our friendly and supportive team.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone, and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. The successful applicant will ideally have a friendly, positive and caring attitude, possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school, and the ability to interact with parents and the wider community. This position will be integral to the establishment of the school and its culture.
The successful applicant should possess attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and work well within a team environment. You will be expected to model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery, and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with administration team, school support staff, our school community, and teaching staff. In addition, you will be expected to support student-related activities such as assisting with student enrolment procedures and operate a range of software packages, particularly databases and word processing.
Hopetoun PS aims to provide an environment where students are supported to achieve their individual best through the use of whole school instructional strategies and providing for individual needs. Hopetoun Primary Staff are enthusiastic and committed to improving the academic achievement and social and emotional well-being of all students, and do so through the implementation of the Western Australian Curriculum.
Our school vision, HOPE by the sea - Harmony, Opportunity, Persistence, Excellence, is embedded into all learning programs including our Pastoral Care. We are committed to developing students through our vision and provide opportunities for all students to develop to their full potential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hopetoun Primary School can be found by visiting www.hopetounprimaryschool.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Tina Harris, Manager Corporate Service for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Hopetoun, by telephoning (08) 6823 1000 or emailing Tina.Harris@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 15 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.