Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS686582
Sevenoaks Senior College (SC) is seeking to establish a pool of Business Support Officer’s for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2022.
We are seeking self-motivated applicants who can use their initiative and work independently as well as work collaboratively within a team. It will be highly desirable that you can work under pressure with high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with minimal supervision while effectively prioritising and meeting deadlines. Good interpersonal skills will be highly regarded and a willingness to be flexible and adapt to other roles within the school.
The ideal candidates will be highly motivated providing integral support to the Manager Corporate Services in a wide range of business operations such as administration, financial and human resource management, facilities hire and insurance claims. The suitable applicant will ideally be proficient in the use of the relevant systems and policies required to maintain, monitor, analyse and extract information using RM Finance, RM Billing, Recruitment Advertising Management System (RAMS) and Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS). Sound knowledge and significant experience completing the End of Month, End of Calendar Year and End of Financial Year rollovers and assisting with Workforce Management - recruitment and retention is highly desirable.
Suitable applicants should ideally have experience and capacity to undertake a wide range of a support services. You will provide effective training to support staff in administrative procedures. You will need to assist and mentor other support staff and liaise with staff and students in the delivery of excellent administration support. As Business Support Officer you will need to interact with empathy and professionalism within a diverse school community and with a range of government and outside agencies.
Sevenoaks Senior College is an Independent Public School and a Registered Training Organisation that provides students with a progressive and practical alternative approach to Year 11 and 12 schooling. Our central focus is on maintaining an engaging young adult environment that supports and empowers students to fulfil their individual academic, career and social aspirations. The modern approach to education offered at Sevenoaks Senior College equips all students to develop the social skills, values and understanding to be future-ready, informed citizens.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- Well-developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- Sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Sevenoaks Senior College can be found by visiting sevenoaks.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Caroline Chellew, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6235 7200 or emailing Caroline.Chellew@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 17 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.