Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS665690
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Sheoak Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking a committed and enthusiastic School Officer to join their team.
The successful applicant will have developed skills in a range of software including databases, word processing and design. You will have an understanding of branding and promotion and work to a high standard. Experience with HRMIS processing and procedures, RM Finance, accounts payable and RM billing is desirable.
As School Officer you will provide assistance to the Manager Corporate Services with administering the financial resources of the school, including undertaking account and GST coding, reconciliations and invoice processing. You will assist with month-end procedures, including exporting receipts to the bank and ensuring data integrity.
The School Officer assists with the management of school assets, co-ordinating and negotiating maintenance and repairs and maintaining key registers and security system codes.
You will assist with the induction and support of administrative school support staff along with development of support materials for school support staff.
At Sheoak Grove PS, our students shine and grow in every aspect of their school lives in a supportive, connected community. We're located on Nyilla Approach in Baldivis, and since our opening in 2020 as an Independent Public School, we've had the exciting opportunity to build a new positive community in one of Perth's fastest growing areas.
It's the people that make a place, and we strongly believe in the importance of a connected community of students, staff and parents each playing a crucial role in the development of our students. Our parents and community members make great contributions to school life, with strong lines of communication between our teachers and families, as well as an active Parents and Citizens Association.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Sheoak Grove PS please visit sheoakgroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Amanda Martin, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9524 1143 or emailing Amanda.Martin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 18 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.