Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS682218
This is a Nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Baldivis Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Student Support Officer.
The Student Support Officer maintains information, record systems, collates and prepares information used in case conferences. The Student Support Officer will also manage school attendance and implement strategies accordingly, as well as under direction conduct discussions with stake holders to identify student absenteeism and collect and provide case management information. They also assist with administrative processes that ensure a responsive and effective student support service. The Student Support Officer attends and provides supporting information at team meetings and case conferences.
Baldivis SC, located 46km south of Perth, is a relatively new and vibrant learning community and the first public secondary school established in the area. The college opened in 2013 with a single year group of 220 Year 8 students and 32 staff. In the ensuing years our College population had risen to over 1,800 students and nearly 200 staff, making Baldivis Secondary College one of Western Australia's fastest growing and largest secondary schools.
Students and staff are expected to achieve personal excellence in all they do. We continue to explicitly teach, demonstrate and provide opportunities to practise working together and building a harmonious sense of community. Baldivis SC strives to maintain high expectations and standards of and for every member of our school community and in doing so we look to attain our mission of providing every opportunity for our students and staff to reach their full potential and to be their best.
We believe that all students are entitled to rigorous, relevant and engaging learning programs drawn from a challenging curriculum that addresses their individual learning needs. Our teachers develop teaching and learning programs that build on students' interests, strengths, goals and learning needs, and address the cognitive, affective, physical, social and aesthetic needs of all students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- good oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships.
- effective planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing prioritises within timelines.
- good research, conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify problems and provide solutions.
- skills and experience in working with individual or small groups of students experiencing difficulties.
- knowledge of the youth sector, particularly local organisations and services.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baldivis Secondary College can be found by visiting www.baldivissc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Karen Illich, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9523 3600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements:
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy .
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.