Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP676306
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Beachlands Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the role of Deputy Principal.
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, the Deputy Principal provides educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision and facilitating workforce effectiveness. In this role, the Deputy Principal will provide educational leadership with a focus on Students at Educational Risk (SAER) and Mathematics. The successful applicant will be solution focussed and have effective change-management skills. A strong background working with Aboriginal students and their families is desirable.
We are looking for someone who possesses high levels of interpersonal skills in a variety of situations. Whether this is communication with parents and families or professionally.
Beachlands PS is a small school with 150 students, situated in the old part of Geraldton, 70% of our students are Aboriginal. Our school is very community oriented and communication with parents and families is paramount in our school. We are working hard to improve the perception of our school in the wider community by delivering strong individualised programs. To ensure every student is catered for according to their needs, we choose to have small class sizes.
Our staff are highly motivated, passionate educators, committed to make a difference in the lives of young people. We develop programs to provide educational experiences that allow students to grow and excel in a safe, positive and caring environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Beachlands Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Karin Van Dongen, Principal by telephoning (08) 9921 1793 or emailing Karin.VanDongen@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.