Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS681826
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Do you enjoy working as part of an efficient team? We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced cleaner to work Monday to Friday for 3 hours each morning to help make our school hygienic and sparkling clean! If this sounds like you – we look forward to receiving your application.
Manjimup Senior High School (MSHS) is looking a Cleaner to carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. The duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning.
In addition to this, the successful applicant would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed during school holidays and it includes shampooing carpets and pressure cleaning various areas.
To be successful in this role you will have good attention to detail and will be able to work well on your own. Being part of a team and assisting the other members of the cleaning team when required is important to the role, to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will ideally be organised, honest, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices, including Safety Data Sheets.
At MSHS our approach to learning recognises the uniqueness of individuals and the importance of building relationships. As in Independent Public School catering for students from Year 7 to 12 we provide a supportive and caring environment equipping students with a strong sense of self-worth, leadership, civic and environmental responsibility.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Manjimup SHS please visit www.manjimupshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Robyn McCracken, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 9771 3404 or email email@example.com for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Manjimup.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than one (1) page. Please provide one example from your past experience that best shows your knowledge, skills and abilities in cleaning a room or surface. Include the:
- steps you took to clean the room or surface
- chemicals used on each material
- machinery used; and
- action taken to maintain your safety and the safety of others.
- A completed application form. The application form can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement. Please only complete the application form if you are not submitting your application online.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents; or
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to Manjimup SHS reception, Rutherford Street, Manjimup WA 6258 before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3:30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021.
PROFORMA, FAXED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.