Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS681922
This is a permanent part-time (0.3FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Kalgoorlie School of the Air (SOTA) is seeking to appoint an organised and motivated Cleaner in Charge to join their friendly team.
As Cleaner In Charge you will open/close the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, maintaining indoor plants and other items of general cleaning. You will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties required. Ideally the successful applicant will show initiative and a genuine interest in our school community.
You will aspire to ensure the school environment is maintained in accordance with Department of Education policies and procedures. The successful applicant will have a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
In addition to the above, the Cleaner In Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters, and record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communication book. They will be responsible for monitoring stock supplies, opening and locking the school, including setting the security alarm system.
Kalgoorlie School of the Air caters for the educational needs of isolated children from pre-school (Kindergarten) to Year 6 in the Goldfields - Esperance region of Western Australia. Spread across an area of some 750,000 square kilometres, these children live on remote stations, roadhouses, small Aboriginal communities and smaller rural farming blocks. Our students are onsite four (4) times a year, for camps and in-school visits.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Kalgoorlie School Of The Air please visit www.kalsota.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Anje Jansen , Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 4000 or emailing Elizabeth.JansenVanVuuren@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- In no more than one (1) page, address the selection criteria by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to the criteria below:
Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
Initiative and good organisational skills.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready before applying for this job as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time,
To submit your application, select one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your documents; or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8:30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement;
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.