Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS683252
This is a six (6) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021 with possible extension twelve (12) months and/or permanency
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
Greenwood College is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Human Resources Officer to join our friendly and supportive team.
The Human Resource Officer will provide advice and support in the coordination of human resource activities and operations. This will include managing job vacancies; coordinating leave and relief management; coordinating the human resource management information system (HRMIS); assisting in the implementation of staff induction; probation and performance management, and provide human resource advice and information to staff.
To be suitable for the role the successful applicant will ideally have sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to solve problems, implement strategy and manage Human Resource systems and processes.
At Greenwood College we aim to provide a safe and caring learning environment facilitating the growth and development of the whole person. Our ethos of Learn - Grow - Change captures the essence of our College in supporting students in both academic and non-academic pathways to reach their full potential.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with staff and work within a team environment.
- Sound knowledge and skills in human resource management, including research, planning and recruitment practices.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to implement appropriate strategies.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Greenwood College can be found by visiting www.greenwood.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jennifer McMahon, Principal by telephoning (08) 9243 9200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 18 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.