Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS682692
This is an eight (8) month fixed term, part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Southwell Primary School (PS) is seeking a motivated and compassionate Education Assistant - Mainstream to join their dedicated team. The position involves working with students from Kindergarten to Year 6 with the focus area being Year 1/2.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned educational programs, including managing small groups and individual students, under the direction of the teacher that will help in the development of specific learning goals and support the general health and wellbeing of students. You will work with the teachers to create an effective, engaging and inclusive environment based on high expectations, best practice, and early intervention.
The successful applicant will be collaborative and work effectively within a team environment. The ability to manage and maintain resources is vital to ensure classroom organisation and presentation is maintained. The ability to be flexible, exercise initiative and work as part of a team is essential. Succesful applicants should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with teachers to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program to meet the specific needs of the students.
Southwell PS is a small school in Hamilton Hill which provides a range of educational opportunities for students Kindergarten to Year 6. The school has adopted the mantra Every Child, Every Chance, Every Day to focus on striving for continuous improvement within a culturally diverse school community environment. Programs delivered by staff promote student self-esteem, wellbeing and the teaching of core values.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Southwell PS can be found by visiting southwellps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Janine Hart, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9236 9400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Pbtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 18 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED