Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS682395
West Morley Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants – Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream, you will assist the teacher with the implementation and delivery of planned educational programs. You will also assist with implementing individual student or small group programs. Suitable applicants would ideally be able to display initiative and the ability to take small groups of children for explicit instruction to scaffold or extend their learning. You will need to be organised and able to use your initiative to assist the teacher with the general care and well-being of students and maintenance of the learning environment.
The ability to be flexible, exercise initiative and work as part of a team is highly desirable. Suitable applicants should have excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to collaborate with teachers to create and maintain a supportive, inclusive education program to meet the specific needs of the students.
Our Vision is that our students become resilient, life-long learners, who actively participate in and contribute to their community, and who continue to practise the school's core values through life. We work towards our Mission as we promote high standards and expectations through a nurturing school community that shares the responsibility for living its core values. We create a safe stimulating environment that uses effective teaching and learning practices for our children to develop and thrive to reach their full potential as students and citizens.
The rich diversity of West Morley's school community provides opportunity to practice our core values of Happiness, Empathy, Aspiration, Respect and Teamwork all of which fosters our supportive and welcoming culture. This culture also encourages an appreciation of individual uniqueness and for students to develop self-acceptance and respect of self.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Morley Primary School can be found by visiting www.westmorleyps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sharmila Shetty, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9268 8650 or emailing Sharmila.email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of a four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details of two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.