Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS679473
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021
Rossmoyne Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a proactive and versatile School Officer to join our energetic and friendly front office team.
We are seeking applicants with excellent communication skills who will provide outstanding customer service and support to our busy front office reception. Applicants will be self-motivated and able to demonstrate their ability to work independently using initiative, collaboratively as part of a team and in conjunction with a diverse range of individuals and professionals.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing a busy front office reception, prioritising tasks to meet conflicting deadlines whilst maintaining a calm and professional approach;
- Assisting with financial processes, ie: collection and reconciliations of contributions and charges;
- Supporting the management of faults and facilities throughout the school to ensure safety and minimise disruption;
- Providing student enrolment advice to ensure application packages are completed accurately and with relevant supporting documentation; and
- Providing administrative support to the School Leadership team and the ability to provide administrative support to other functional areas as required.
As one of the first Independent Public Schools in Western Australia, Rossmoyne SHS is one of the nation’s leading schools. Our students annually achieve outstanding levels of academic excellence. We provide outstanding visual and performing arts and sports programs, exciting opportunities in vocational education, and strong pastoral care. Our culture is described by staff and community as positive, professional, inclusive, dynamic and with a focus on excellence. Our students are very proud of the positive reputation of our school. They find the school diverse, progressive and filled with opportunities for growth. They feel a sense of belonging and support each other to balance competition and cooperation to achieve positive outcomes for all.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rossmoyne SHS can be found by visiting rossmoyne.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Price, Human Resource Office, by telephoning (08) 9235 1617 or emailing Michelle.Price@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.