Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE676271
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level executive support to the Deputy Director General, Student Achievement in relation to the operation of the Office, including developing and implementing administrative processes and procedures, diary management and coordination of tasks. The successful applicant will receive confidential and sensitive enquiries which require appropriate referral and timely responses.
The successful applicant will undertake administrative projects which contribute to effective processes and procedures within the education system and monitor, coordinate and report on other projects being undertaken within the education system. You will coordinate the completion of Ministerials, briefings, correspondence and memos on behalf of the Deputy Director General, Student Achievement and proof read and examine document content for accuracy.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed knowledge and experience in the delivery of high-level administrative support services at a senior level.
- Well developed oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people at all levels, maintain confidentiality and use discretion in relaying information.
- Well developed written communication skills, including experience in preparing reports, Ministerials, minutes and correspondence.
- Well developed research and organisational skills and proven ability to use initiative and make decisions and judgements in an environment with competing priorities.
- Well developed financial management skills with the ability to interpret, report and apply financial practices and procedures.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Sue Piperis, Principal Consultant, DDG Student Achievement, by telephoning (08) 9264 4705 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria in the context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 14 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED