Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS678405
Here’s an opportunity to work in a highly specialised, friendly, professional environment. If you are ready for change and are an outstanding person, we want you!
Esperance Education Support Centre (ESC) is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic and dedicated Education Assistant – Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2023. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2023.
Esperance ESC is a secondary school catering for the individual learning needs of students with intellectual disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder with higher educational need. Our vision is ‘young people, empowered by choice, participating in and contributing to their community’ and this vision is reflected across our school curriculum.
The curriculum is guided by individual Education Plans and Individual Transitional Plans of our students. Our diverse and purposeful programs are referenced to formal curriculum and are complimented by community access, work experience, sporting, musical, horse therapy, independent living skills, social and emotional programs, camps and excursions.
The school is co-located with Esperance Senior High School, affording many opportunities for inclusion in a mainstream educational environment.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including report writing and the ability to effectively interact with students with special needs, and liaise with parents, teachers and community members and assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to contribute to a professional team and provide advice and evaluation in the development of the education program, including special education and therapy programs where they have been implemented.
- Ability to assist professionals in the implementation and evaluation of education programs, including special education and, if required, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Effective organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs and subsequent feedback and evaluation to teachers or psychologists.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Esperance Education Support Centre can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Megan Reed or Keenan Rodericks, Principals, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Esperance, by telephoning (08) 9071 9560 or emailing Megan.Reed@education.wa.edu.au or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.