Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS681638
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Belridge Secondary College (SC) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Laboratory Technician to join their school.
The successful applicant will have initiative, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, as well as exceptional organisational skills. You will be motivated and possess the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently to assist with the efficient operation of the Science Learning Area. They will prepare chemicals, equipment preparation and materials and design and construct teaching aids.
They will organise preparation areas and classroom laboratories to ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff. They will undertake general housekeeping of chemicals, equipment (including repairs and maintenance) and assisting with stock management tasks. They will liaise with Science teachers to determine scientific product needs in relation to experiments and identifying future purchase requirements of science supplies/equipment.
Belridge SC is proud of our supportive culture where every member of staff and each student is appreciated. Combined with modern facilities, Belridge SC has highly qualified staff, who promote the school priorities of teaching and leadership, successful students, specialist and elite programs and sustainable environmental practice. Belridge SC opened in 1991 and is a world class facility with architectural award winning buildings located on Ocean Reef Road, Beldon, and some 25 kilometres from Perth.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge of general science to Year 12 level or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Organisational and time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages.
- Knowledge of safe working practices, laboratory safety requirements and procedures and a willingness for further training related to safety.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Belridge Secondary College can be found by visiting www.belridgecollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Tayla Day-Dressa, Business Support Officer, by telephoning (08) 9408 8000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 10 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.