Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS682007
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021.
Bullsbrook College Learning Support Team is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Student Support Officer to join their team.
The Student Support Officer maintains information, record systems, collates and prepares information used in case conferences. The Student Support Officer will also manage school attendance and implement strategies accordingly, as well as under direction conduct discussions with stake holders to identify student absenteeism and collect and provide case management information. They also assist with administrative processes that ensure a responsive and effective student support service. The Student Support Officer attends and provides supporting information at team meetings and case conferences.
We are seeking an individual who possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to be able to deal with a diverse range of staff, students and clients. You will ideally possess excellent technological skills, as well as have excellent organisational skills to be able to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
Bullsbrook College an Independent Public School catering for Kindergarten to Year 12 on a modern, beautifully landscaped campus. The effectiveness of our programs in our Kindergarten and Pre-Primary classrooms is well-known. So too are the positive results we achieve with our Year 12 students. We have a very strong focus upon literacy and numeracy improvement. Staff monitor student progress so we can identify and apply teaching strategies which ensure all children are achieving their best. Whatever your child's age group, we have expertise to meet their learning needs.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide a professional, confidential service to a range of clients.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience in the use of computerised management information systems including database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Effective organisational skills and experience in providing administrative support with the ability to manage conflicting timelines.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bullsbrook College can be found by visiting www.bullsbrook-college.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Angela Coghill, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9501 7600 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school.
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.