Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS681721
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2021
Yanchep Rise Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Library Officer to join their team.
Yanchep Rise PS is a new school opening in 2021. As a foundation Library Officer, you will be required to set up systems, purchase relevant resources to meet the needs of students, teachers and the curriculum. You will be part of a school community that builds an engaging, connected and empowering school culture based on the principles of equity, social justice, inclusion and respect for each other, our students and their families. Suitable applicants will need to be highly motivated and organised and possess initiative and capacity to introduce innovative ideas to a brand new school setting. In the context of a new school and a growing school population, successful applicants will also display professional flexibility and the ability to anticipate and adapt to changing circumstances as they arise.
The successful applicant will supervise the day-to-day operation of the library and provision of reference, information and associated services to staff and students. The Library Officer administers library systems, which ensure library records are up to date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students and staff. They will also be responsible for preparing and monitoring the library budget and to make recommendations for new library resources. Experience using the Oliver 5 system would be highly desired for this role.
The successful applicant will coordinate library visits, design and create library displays, book fairs and events such as Book Week. You will assist in training and advice to staff and students on various library equipment and digital technology.
Other components of this role include assisting with various administration duties such as telephone support and maintenance of databases. This includes updating information in school information systems, various reporting and asset management.
We are a dynamic, innovative and inclusive community that nurtures and inspires lifelong learning and high levels of achievement for all. Our school is a professional learning community where there is a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and evidence based practice. Our balanced curriculum includes specialist programs in the arts, physical education, languages, digital technologies and science.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yanchep Rise Primary School can be found by visiting www.yancheprise.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Helen Demiris, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9562 8340 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.