Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH679710
This is a permanent, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Morley Senior High (SHS) is seeking to employ a Business and Digital Technologies teacher to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will possess expertise in planning and teaching Business and Digital Technologies. Working within the Technologies Learning area, you will set high expectations, exhibit a commitment to excellence, use a range of pedagogies and have the ability to establish and maintain a positive classroom learning environment. The successful applicant will ideally be flexible, adaptive and competent in applying the strategies of differentiated instruction and explicit teaching to achieve high outcomes for all students. You will also be an applicant with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills who can work very effectively in a team environment. This role also requires the applicant to deliver a training program, so a TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is highly desirable. You will ideally be experienced and qualified to teach: BSB 20115 Certificate II in Business.
Morley's vision is to celebrate diversity and cater for the needs of all students, with the goal of everyone achieving their personal best. We strive to foster a culture of continuous improvement and high expectations in a supportive, engaging and vibrant learning environment. Students in Years 7 to 10 have access to engaging programs, including Department of Education approved specialist programs in our Aviation Academy and School of Screen and Media. All students in Years 7 to 9 also study a language and have the opportunity to participate in activities associated with our exchange partnership with sister schools in Japan, Singapore and China.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Morley Senior High School can be found by visiting morleyshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Ivana Gaglia, Head of Learning Area – Technologies, by phoning 0477 998 162 or (08) 9376 5555 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Be fully or provisionally registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 17 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.