Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS682032
Melville Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants – Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2021 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2022. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2021 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2022.
Suitable applicants will be highly motivated, experienced, passionate and student focused. You will be expected to work in an environment committed to whole school approaches; self-reflection and continuous self-improvement; working in teams to further learning of students and staff; developing relationships with students and their parents; and high expectations for all students.
Suitable applicants will, under teacher direction, assist in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of digital technologies; implement individual or small group programs or demonstrations; and be able to provide valuable feedback to support student learning. You will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students in out-of-class activities, on school excursions and may work across classrooms. You will also assist with the preparation of the learning environment by maintaining equipment and resources.
Suitable applicants will need to have initiative and carry out tasks efficiently. Knowledge of the Letter and Sounds, Talk for Write, Heggerty Phonemic Awareness and Origo Mathematics programs would be desirable.
Melville PS is a metropolitan Independent Public School situated on a modern campus between the cities of Perth and Fremantle. The facilities include 26 classrooms, specialist music and science rooms, enclosed undercover area for large gatherings such as assemblies, a well-stocked resource centre, all surrounded by numerous playgrounds plus the beautiful Kadidjiny Park which was the old school site.
At Melville PS our vision is to ensure that the students will fulfil their potential and positively contribute to the community and ultimately to society. We take pride in providing a wide range of diverse opportunities for all our students, to ensure they have positive school experiences and can look forward optimistically to further education and their place in society.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Melville Primary School can be found by visiting melvilleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Patricia Ratto, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9263 1300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) Wednesday, 12 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.