Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS678459
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2021
Do you want to make a positive difference?
Hazel Orme Community Kindergarten is seeking to appoint a hardworking and motivated Mainstream Education Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team, every Thursday.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be required to assist in the delivery of planned education programs that will help in the development of young minds. In this role you would need to collaborate and work in a team environment, possess good written and oral communication skills to enable the implementation of individual or small group programs, as well as demonstrate the ability to support general health and well-being of students. Experience working in a Community Kindergarten is preferred.
The successful applicant will be organised and be able to use their initiative to assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment. Applicants will be working in a team environment assisting the teacher in delivering planned education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. In addition, you will, under limited supervision and guidance, perform tasks that require discretion, judgement and initiative in achieving clearly defined outcomes determined by the teacher.
Hazel Orme Community Kindergarten continues its long and valued tradition of helping children reach their full potential with play-based learning experiences to develop independence, confidence and a love of learning for a sound preparation and transition into pre-primary school and beyond.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hazel Orme Community Kindergarten can be found by visiting www.hazelormekindergarten.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Andrea Kapiteyn, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9435 6900 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 7 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.