Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE675452
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing ASAP with possible extension and/or permanency
The Senior Financial Analyst will develop and maintain budgets, monitor organisational performance for salary costs, staffing Full Time Equivalent (FTE), and school direct expenses and revenue. The successful applicant will develop and maintain departmental salaries and FTE budgets at a detailed level for central office and regional offices, and produce monthly corporate finance reports for the Department’s Finance and Investment Committee, and the Minister.
The successful applicant will monitor trends in expenditure and FTE, analyse actual performance against budgets and trend data, as well as identify, review and explain variances and anomalies. The applicant will assist in the modelling and costing of FTE to inform Enterprise Bargaining Agreement negotiations, as well as undertaking data analysis and preparing information in response to Parliamentary questions, Ministerial queries, media and other ad hoc enquiries.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed skills and considerable experience in budget management, financial reporting and financial modelling using complex accounting systems and reporting and analysis tools to interrogate and analyse large volumes of data.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of accounting standards, government policy and current direction as it relates to financial management and reporting.
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and deliver financial management services.
- Well developed interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to undertake high-level consultation and negotiation and to work co-operatively with others at all levels and in a team environment.
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Bob Yao, Principal Financial Analyst, by telephoning (08) 9264 4518 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page (maximum) statement addressing the selection criteria 1, 2 and 5 in the context of the role.
- A resume of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold relevant tertiary qualification in business, commerce, finance or related field or equivalent substantial experience
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED