Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE671459
This is an eighteen (18) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible eighteen (18) month extension
The Kimberley Schools Project (the Project) is a collaboration between the Department of Education, Catholic Education Western Australia, the Association of Independent Schools Western Australia, and the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development which is inclusive of consultation with the Kimberley Development Commission.
It is a five year, $25 million Royalties for Regions funded project designed to customise, intensify and better support the existing strategies to accelerate all children’s learning, and in particular, Aboriginal students’ progress in Kimberley schools and communities.
The Project is seeking a dynamic, experienced principal with an excellent understanding of explicit teaching approaches to literacy and numeracy and who can realise a unique opportunity and lead this exciting, cross-sectoral project designed to address the complexity and challenges of the context in which Kimberley schools operate.
The Principal, Kimberley Schools Project will:
- Lead a team of program coordinators who will provide public, independent and Catholic Kimberley schools with the resources, shoulder-to-shoulder support, and coaching and mentoring required to implement the Targeted Teaching pillar of the Project.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with school leadership teams and provide a consultancy service, expert advice and coaching on the development of
- Whole-school approaches to improving student achievement and student and community engagement.
- Be an integral member of the Kimberley Schools Project leadership team; allocating resources, monitoring the quality and effectiveness of programs and services and ensuring that project outcomes are achieved within agreed timeframes.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of the challenges in teaching in regional and remote schools.
The Principal, Kimberley Schools Project is based in Broome and will require extensive travel between participating schools.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- High-level knowledge and understanding of Literacy and Numeracy Curriculum and ability to manage curriculum projects in accordance with statutory requirements and policy frameworks in an education environment.
- Extensive experience in the initiation, development and implementation of successful curriculum programs, projects or strategies at the school, region or system level.
- Skills and experience in providing effective educational leadership in a diverse range of school educational settings, particularly in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
- Highly developed oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to undertake high-level consultations and collaborations.
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver consultations and negotiations.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Paul Bridge, Director of Education, by telephoning (08) 9192 0800 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised teaching qualification and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- undertake travel within the Kimberley region
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 10 May 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED