Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS678378
This is an eleven (11) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2021
Esperance Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Technical Officer to join their friendly and collaborative team.
The successful applicant will become a key member of the school’s staff. They will maintain and develop the school’s Information and Technology (IT) systems and equipment in accordance with the schools needs and Department of Education guidelines.
The successful applicant will adopt and promote a collaborative, positive approach to supporting all staff and students to achieve the best possible teaching and learning outcomes that technology can provide. To do this, the successful applicant will possess effective communication skills and problem solving capacity; the ability to provide technical training, advice and support on desktop and software applications to staff and if necessary the students. Also, they will, ideally have the ability to research and identify appropriate software packages and other resources.
The successful applicant should also have a high degree of initiative with the ability to maintain confidentiality and strong organisational skills, including the ability to identify priorities and meet deadlines. Ideally, applicants who have the skills that range from supporting teachers with using online applications for Kindy children and monitoring teachers’ usage of technology for children up to Year 6 are strongly encouraged to apply. In addition, successful applicants should ideally have experience and the ability to support and maintain the school’s IT equipment including desktops, laptops, Ipads and interactive whiteboards.
Esperance SHS offers a comprehensive secondary education from Years 7 to Year 12, and provides a range of curriculum subject choices and exciting extracurricular activities. Esperance lies in the South-East of Western Australia, some 730 Kilometres from Perth. The town has won awards for its stunning natural environment and is one of Western Australia’s best kept tourist secrets. The school has a reputation for providing strong academic and vocational programs and for offering a wide choice of courses to meet a variety of student learning needs. Students consistently achieve to a high level in a variety of programs, including in final Year 12 Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) and Vocational Education and Training (VET) pathway results.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
- Conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to develop innovative solutions to information technology problems
- Ability to install and maintain network systems incorporating the Internet and Electronic Mail.
- Organisational skills to develop effective administrative practices and the initiative to work with minimum supervision.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Esperance Senior High School can be found by visiting www.esperanceshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Robin Davis, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Esperance, by telephoning (08) 9071 9555 or emailing Robin.Davis2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to four (4) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 30 April 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.