Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS677885
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 3, 2021 with possible extension and/or permanency
Pegs Creek Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and dedicated Manager Corporate Services (MCS) to join our friendly and supportive school.
The successful applicant will ideally possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to form positive relationships with students, staff and our school community. The MCS will maintain the ‘day to day’ good running of the school. The successful applicant will be required to lead and ensure the ‘first impression’ of the school to new and existing families continues to be held in high regard.
As the successful applicant you will have responsibility for the successful delivery of all corporate operations, with oversight and responsibility for financial, physical and human resource processes. In collaboration with the Principal and other members of the leadership team, you will provide vital input to the development of the school’s workforce and business plans, including timely feedback on the school’s financial position and performance.
To be successful in the role, you will ideally possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sound financial management skills, and strategic administration experience including the ability to meet all audit requirements. Naturally, you will possess outstanding organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise within your areas of responsibility.
Of utmost importance, however, are the personal qualities that you will bring to the role. You will be solutions-focused and able to anticipate and adapt to change. You understand that your ability to build positive professional relationships provides the link between your role and positive learning outcomes for our students.
The MCS, in collaboration with the other members of the Executive Team, will provide strong leadership across the school community; promoting school values, ethos and priorities along with maintaining and growing the strong connections that the school has with the community.
At Peg's Creek PS we focus on excellence in teaching and learning, providing a safe and supportive learning environment, and encouraging partnerships and leadership.
We are a proud Independent Public School catering for students in Kindergarten to Year 6. Centrally located in the City of Karratha, we enjoy a strong connection with the local community and welcome students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Well-developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Pegs Creek PS can be found by visiting pegscreekps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Katherine Mouda-Hughes, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Karratha, by telephoning 08 9187 9800 or emailing Katherine.Mouda-Hughes@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 May 2021.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.